Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition Textures glitch?

I just reinstalled DAO because my computer had to be mind wiped. I now have a nice graphics card, compared to my other one at least (I don't know how good my new one is). Anyways I get this weird glitch on NPCs where the textures of their clothing turns part black or gets all weird and nasty. Also sometimes, mostly on creatures but occasionally on people there are spots of bright colors, normally red, green, blue, or yellow.


Here is some stuff about my computer that might be important:


PROCESSOR: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+


MEMORY(RAM): 2.00GB


GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti


1791MB Available Graphics Memory


DirectX 9.0 Or Better (._. Ummm that's just what the thing says I don't know the exact version)





Also I have the Graphics and Textures on the highest, the highest resolution for a 16:9 setting, and AA on 2x though it does run on 8x (I thought that might have been the problem) Also I do still have Frame Buffer effects on and Vertical Sync on.


Can someone explain what is happening and what I can do to fix it? Thanks :D


(If I need to I will try to get a video or screen shots taken of the problem)|||i may e wrong on this but i had a simmilar problem playing spore or elderscrolls: oblivion... the thing that seemed to fix it was to have a non intell prossessor and graphics card... sorry if this answer is useless to you, but that is what fixed my glitches|||Thank you for at least giving an answer. I need a new processor anyway.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment