Wednesday, February 29, 2012

How well will my computer (likely) run Dragon Age: Origins?

I know this has been asked a lot by now, and I've checked out the minimum specs and it looks like I'm up to snuff. The requirements are:





Windows XP Minimum Specifications





OS: Windows XP with SP3


CPU: Intel Core 2 Single (or equivalent) running at 1.6Ghz or greater


RAM: 1GB or more


Video: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT 128MB or greater





Recommended Specifications





OS: Windows XP with SP3


CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz


RAM: 2 GB (XP)


Video: NVIDIA 8800GTS 512 MB or greater





and my specs are:





OS: Windows XP with SP3


CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.86 GHz


RAM: 3 GB


Video: NVIDIA GeForce 9600





I THINK I'm covered here... I'm not too technically inclined, and from what I can see I'm covered way above the minimum specs save for my CPU, which is a dual core but runs @ 1.86 GHz as opposed to the 2.4 GHz that is the recommended specs... so my question would be, how well could I run DA:Origins with this computer? I'm sure i'll be able to run it, and I have no intentions of putting it on highest graphics (it's usually way too choppy) but with the system I have, would it be worthwhile getting this game for PC?? Thanks a bunch :)|||I think that, with the graphics toned down a bit, and ground clutter and shadow detail set low, you should be able to achieve decent stability for Dragon Age: Origins :)





As for the recommended specs, they actually call for a Quad core processor 'o'|||You should be fine...won't have the best graphics experience, and the game may lag in spots, but you should be fine.





So far as I can tell as yet (haven't played more than a couple hours total), it's a good game!





Good Luck!|||your **** should run it fine. You can always overclock your cpu if you built the comp custom...

No comments:

Post a Comment