Saturday, February 25, 2012

Dragon Age: Origins vs. Dragon Age 2?

I played Dragon Age Origins and thought it was a great game, I actually played it twice one with a Rogue and another with a Mage. Then I got DA2, I thought it was great how to links in with the Original but it didn't really feel like Dragon Age, if any game I would compare it to Command and Conquer simply because my companions never went with the tactics I placed for them, so I was literately playing 4 characters at once. Yeah it was a great game and all but the Storyline wasn't as great as Origins, and you talked in this one... But for some reason other little things disappointed me about it, like how they changed the way Alistair, Leliana? I think that is how you spelt it, and Zevran looked different, just slight facial changes disappointed me I know it's sad. The game also got my hopes up as during the Qunari invasion I killed Sten, which I thought was great up until I killed another Sten. I played this game on Casual but I still found it hard even during small fights with 1 or 2 mobs of Slavers, most likely because of the tactics problem but when I played Origins I got to about level 8-10ish and owned everything that got in my way, well probably after getting the ash from the urn, as I murdered the High Dragon there after I came out, which was a problem on DA2, not much of a problem because I actually found it fun but, why was the High Dragon so hard to kill? I actually had more trouble with that than the Archdemon in Origins? and I had about 100 of these potion things that healed and refilled stamina and mana. WTF?



But aside from what I have typed, both are good games but I heard that people like DA2 better? How? I found it almost unbearably frustrating even on Casual difficulty! Which did you guys and gals prefer?Dragon Age: Origins vs. Dragon Age 2?
I think the storyline was better in origins, but the overall polish on DA2 made me really love that game. Origins had great oldschool gameplay, and a really in depth storyline, but the brilliant character interaction and graphics on DA2 makes that game probably preferable to me. Yes, the overall storyline was weaker, and I felt that you didn't get as close to the characters as you did in origins, but it had more of the cinematic polish that you'd expect from a big bioware game.Dragon Age: Origins vs. Dragon Age 2?
i thought origins was better in the action department but dragon age 2 was better with the storyline. i think it just depends on what games you like.Dragon Age: Origins vs. Dragon Age 2?
Origins, by far.



DA2 was a fun game, but it lacked the great compelling plot that most Bioware games have become known for. None of the characters seemed important, and when one left my side, died , or whatever...I didn't care. In Origins, the characters were far more interesting and I actually cared about them. I also disliked that they dumbed the entire way of storytelling down, and as a result restricted the way you could choose to play your character.

No comments:

Post a Comment