Saturday, March 10, 2012

Can my Dell Dimension E510 run an Nvidia GeForce GT 440?

I've decided to upgrade my video card to play more modern games, not on high detail, just medium-low detail. I'm not really familiar with upgrading PCs, and I can't afford any really high-end gaming parts. So I was just wondering if this would work, and if not can someone tell me a good card I could get that could run modern games such as Guild Wars 2, Fallout 3, L4D2, Oblivion, Dragon Age 2, and other such games, even at just low detail? I'll also be upgrading my CPU sometime in the future.|||Amazing - your E510 can actually handle the GT 440 without a power supply upgrade. Many Dells ship with low capacity power supplies that won't handle even a modest power video card.





With a GT 440, you can play any game (the ones you list at high detail, top end games only at low).





Your processor will hold you back, however, as it's just a single core, and Dell never updates the BIOS to support processors they didn't sell in that model. A Pentium D appears to work, but not the Core 2 Duo processor line http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment