Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Why won't this game run on my laptop?

So I decided to give "Amnesia: The Dark Descent" a whirl and went to the main site to download the demo. Before I did though, I went to the "Can You Run It?" site to see if it will actually run on my Windows 7 laptop.


My laptop passed the minimum requirements for the game so I went ahead and downloaded the demo.





But when I tried to launch the game, I got an error message that said the following:





"FATAL ERROR: Renderer #0 could not be initialized! Make sure your graphic card drivers are put to date. Check log file for information"





Could someone explain to me what's wrong with my laptop? I have used "Can You Run It?" before and I found it was 50% of the time wrong (it said that I couldn't play "Dragon Age: Origins", but I actually can AND with high graphics) .





Here is what "Can You Run It?" said regarding for the Video Card requirement:





Publisher Requirements: Hardware T%26amp;L = Yes


Pixel Shader version = 2.0


Vertex Shader version = 2.0





I Have: Hardware T%26amp;L = Yes


Pixel Shader version = 4.0


Vertex Shader version = 4.0





I have a Windows 7 laptop and my Video Card is a Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family.|||Canyourunit is a worthless pile of crap. The problem is that you have a crappy Intel X4500 integrated turd. That thing can barely handle Minesweeper. That being said, hit the laptop manufacturer's website and grab the latest drivers. If you can play it then it'll have to be on minimal settings. Bear in mind that Frictional Games (the site you should have checked when looking at system requirements) says that integrated graphics may not work.|||Intel integrated graphics cards suck. they dont support many new games, even the intel hd gma (the latest model) sucks





sorry, but I think youre SOL

No comments:

Post a Comment