Saturday, March 10, 2012

What would be the best choice of Graphics Card?

I'll be getting my tax return next week, and I've been looking to upgrade my PC for a long while now.





My graphics card isn't as high-end as I would like. I will be upgrading it, and would like some advice.





My price range will be anywhere from $100 to MAYBE $300. And my requirements are such: Runs high-end, and other ones, PC games at max-quality, with ZERO screen-lag. High FPS. Now, games I'm talking about are, ones like Mass Effect 1%26amp;2, Bioshock, Fallout 3, World of Warcraft, Left 4 Dead 2, Dragon Age Origins, Team Fortress 2, etc. And supports at least DirectX 10. MAYBE 11, since I heard news of that being way better than 10? But 11 support might jack the price up, so I don't know.





A card I have been looking at is the Radeon HD 4850. Now keep in mind, I don't know a whole lot about graphics cards. Just looking for the performance that I have always desired in my computer.





Also, it might be required of my PC to upgrade either my RAM or Processor, though I doubt it. Intel Core 2 Duo at 2.66GHz, and 2gigs of RAM. Might I need a better processor/more RAM?|||I have the ATI 4870X2 2GB, I have to say its impressive, but you need a cool running case to handle it.





I would suggest you get more ram if you MB can take it.|||I have a core 2 duo 2.8 and 4 gigs of ram. After alot of research 6 months ago I picked up a 9800 GTX+ 1 GB for about $180 (I think $150 nowadays) and the poor thing SCREAMS fast at 1920x1080 with even the best games. Plus it works with mac os x (a personal bonus to me). Check out its reviews!





Oh, and get your stuff at newegg. Its super cheap and has never let me down.|||For less than $200 you can get an nVidia GTX 260 card. These are high end video cards with GDDR3 memory, and will allow your game choices to play without pause. If you buy this card and you see lag, pause, or delay; it won't be from the video. You do however need an available PCI-e slot on your motherboard.|||ATI Radeon HD 4890 my friend : ) you wont be sorry, thats a promise. Happy gaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment