Saturday, March 10, 2012

What is wrong with my computer?

PC specs - gateway LX6200-01 8gigs of ram AMD phenom 9500 quad-core 2.2 GHz windows vista 64bit Nvidia 9800 GT 1024mb ram core buss - 648 Mhz Mem bus - 927Mhz with graphics card is running 135degrees750 PSU 19inch samsung flat panel monitor





Problem- I play World of warcraft and it runs fine, not at full high settings which I would like to know why I get like 10FPS if I run wow on high, Instead its at one click below high, any incite on improving the system even if I need a better processor and reqs on which processor to get would be amazing. For some reason I can only get 60hz refresh rate would like to know how to change that, It will only go over 60 if i change my res to a really low one which in turns makes my display look horrible and all out of place. running on 1600-900





Second problem - Just got Dragon Age Origins, recommended specs





Vista, AMD phenom II dual-core 2.7ghz or equiv, 3 gigs of ram if vista or 7, Nvidia 8800gts 512 ram or greater.





My cpu usage goes through the roof and my game starts to lag horribly. I am only running at tops 45 processes and it is using over 1,000,000k memory. The only other close processes would be host processes by windows using around 200,000k memory. I am thinking it its going to be the processor but further opinions would be nice. I wouldnt think the processor was it though because mine is quad instead of dual. but like stated if that is the problem please give your opinion to which processor/if need MOBO to go for. Thanks in advanced and i will give best answer when I see a couple of answers|||yes you have a quad; but its weaker than the Phenom II.





Get the Phenom II X4 955 @ newegg.com (Dragon age loves quads)


http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as鈥?/a>





I'm gonna assume that 8GB is DDR2 so get an AM3/AM2+/AM2 mobo.


http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as鈥?/a>





your video card could also be better, but its good for now.





Remember the golden rule:


Don't upgrade until a game demands it. Otherwise its wasteful spending.|||The primary problem is your OS!|||I feel Vista is okay , down size your memory to 2GB in dual channel mode and increase your virtual Memory in Control Panel Advanced Settings to 2098MB and 2098MB. This will enhance the processor as would a Hitachi iQ SSD HDD 64GB sata hard drive (4X) and (6X) over any stock gaming or online speeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment