Sunday, March 4, 2012

What temperature should my PC run at?

I have a PC I built myself. Its a core duo 3.0 ghz processor with 8 gigs of ram an a 1 gig ddr3 video card. I am using a program called Speedfan and finding these readings:



Idle Temperature

______________________________________鈥?br>
Internal temperature #1: 33C (91F)

Internal temperature #2: 26C (79F)

Hard drive temperature: 40C (104F)

Processor Core #1: 24C (75F)

Processor Core #2: 24C (75F)







Processes Intensive Temperatures (Running Dragon Age Origins on highest graphic %26amp; maxing the processor to 100% usage)

______________________________________鈥?br>
Internal temperature #1: 34C (93F)

Internal temperature #2: 46C (115F)

Hard drive temperature: 40C (104F)

Processor Core #1: 49C (120F)

Processor Core #2: 49C (120F)





Are these temperatures I should be looking for at both Idle and at peak gaming settings? Are they in danger of running to hot? Should I be concerned or am I okay? The air being kicked out of the cooling fans seems cooler than room temperature. I don't feel I should be concerned, however, I just had to replace my video card because the on board fan died. So, just wondering.|||No problems at all. None.



60C is roughly the point you might get concerned about with core temps. You're running very cool.



Even your hard drive is like ice next to mine, which runs about 130F.|||There's no certain temperature your pc should run at. Those temperatures are not high at all, they are very acceptable and you are in no risk of messing anything up. Hot would probably 60*C+ for the cpu and 65*C+ for the graphics card. My laptop easily goes up to 90*C+/- when I game... and it has yet to fail on me.
  • red robin menu
  • travel trailers
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment