Saturday, March 10, 2012

Suggest a decent gaming laptop...?

I have a job as a security guard and I work the 12 hour shifts. Their internet prevents me from watching things on Hulu, Netflix, and Youtube... which sucks. So I am thinking of buying a laptop that I can play some single player games on to pass the time.





For a while, I was thinking of getting something like the Asus G73, but that is way more than I need and costs quite a lot.





I will probably reinstall some classics like Rollercoaster Tycoon, Fallout 1%26amp;2, Planescape: Torment, Diablo II: Lord of Destruction, System Shock 2 (might not be smart when working the night shift...), Deus Ex, and others... but I also hope to be able to play some more modern games like Bioshock 2, Serious Sam HD, Borderlands, Dragon Age, Amnesia, Starcraft II, Singularity, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., and others.





I don't need to be able to play games like Metro 2033, Crysis, BFBC2, or other cpu/gpu heavy games at high or anywhere close. Just something that will play those types at medium with at least 30 fps.





I always build my PCs but this would be my first venture into laptops for gaming... so I just want to get a pre-built Sony Vaio, Asus G**, Alienware MX11, or whatever.





So please suggest a great laptop that can play those games at medium-medium/high. No need for bluray, screen resolution above 720p, quad core CPUs, or anything else around those lines... just something to get me through 12 hours shifts at night.





p.s. as for sound and input, I will just use my own 5.1 headset and gaming mouse.|||I am an addictive gamer and after reading your question i suggest to dont go anywhere and take Alienware AM11X-2894CSB 11.6-Inch Laptop ,it is great for all that medium level games you listed and also it has the capability to run high level games quite efficiently,take it with confidence





Its specifics are





1.3GHz Intel Core 2 Duo SU7300 Processor with 3MB cache


4GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1066MHz (two DIMMs)


320GB, 7200 RPM SATA hard drive (no internal optical drive--use external)


11.6-inch high-definition widescreen 720p (1366 x 768) LCD; HDMI output


Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64-Bit) Operating System|||There are a lot of great gaming laptops on the market at the moment, but these two are the pick of the bunch:





http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=LT-024-MS%26amp;groupid=959%26amp;catid=1828%26amp;subcat=





http://configure.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?s_tnt=26730:1:0,%26amp;vw=builder%26amp;oc=DKCWNG2%26amp;c=us%26amp;l=en%26amp;s=dhs%26amp;cs=19

No comments:

Post a Comment