Saturday, March 10, 2012

My Video cards and Games.?

I have Windows 7, 4GB memory, an 80GB disk, 2 (SLI) GeForce8600GT a total of 2GB Video Memory (If I'm correct) and all latest drivers.


I can't run my games in high settings, most of them only use 1VRAM, which I guess is only 1 video card. Even thou Nvidia control panel say's both cards are running perfectly.


I don't get it? Am I overlooking something? From what I've been told, the more VRAM you have the higher the graphic settings you can put in the games, I have 2 Video Cards and is not enough!?!?


I can't run Crysis, I can't run Dragon Age Origins, Fallout New Vegas and Starcraft II... I mean, they run... but the have to be at least medium or lower Graphic settings.


What is the point of having 2 video cards if all my games only use 1 and most of the time my Nvidia driver crash and gives me a BSOD which is painful to look at =(





Can someone tell me, what is most important thing to look for in a video card before buying, is it VRAM, or what is it?


Also Is having 2 cards or more (SLI) better than having 1 SUPER Video Card??? Because I've been having bad luck with SLI lately, or maybe is just my video cards that are old??|||1 SUPER Video Card = 590GTX in a month or so.





oh. you're using old cards in Sli. of course. two 8600GTs wont even stand up to 1 460GTX, which cant play the games on highest. and even with the latest drivers, the new games arent updating their engines to support acceleration on the old generation.|||SLI rarely works perfectly, and a lot of games don't like it (some even running SLOWER in SLI than they would if you were using a single card).

I'd always advise people to get one very good card rather than trying to squeeze a lot of performance out of a cheaper SLI/XFire configuration.|||if you mentioned what cpu you are using we could tell if it was bottle necking or not|||VRAM has become almost irrelevant. You say you have two Geforce 8600s each with 1GB of RAM, but the thing is that the 8600 GT is an older 128-bit card and anything more than 256 MB RAM is useless because the card can't access more than that.





Also, using SLI is something you do with high end gaming cards, not with an old 8600 GT.





The most important features of a graphics card are the clockspeeds. You don't have to look at RAM anymore because no manufacturer will sell a graphics card with less RAM than it can access, except in some rare cases where they sell an underclocked card.





One very good card is definitely better than two slower cards in SLI.





Look at the hierarchy chart to compare cards, then decide what you should get: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/rade鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment