Saturday, March 10, 2012

Why does my computer turn off when I am playing a game?

Ok I have a Gateway FX-6710-01 desktop computer q9400 2.66 ghz core 2 quad, ati radeon 4850hd, 6gb ram. I have tried so much **** to fix this problem but nothing is working. I replaced the **** 400w psu with an antec 650w psu and still shuts off whenever I play Mass Effect or Dragon Age or any kick *** new game. I can play cs source, cod 4, etc. all fine but newer dx10 games like crysis and such always cause random shutdowns. When i reboot there is no error messages or anything, just a normal startup sequence like nothing happened. Okay i checked my cpu temps while playing mass effect: core0: 54C, core1: 46C, core 2:51C, core3:51C. My gpu temp when playing mass effect is 100-105C. My computer NEVER shuts down if im not playing a high end game. So people please tell me whats up with my rig....|||it sounds to me like it is overheating

the CPU is hot

the GPU is VERY hot

100C is boiling for water!



I think you should try a different video card, one with a big fan on it.|||not nessesarily

sometimes in computers if one thing has a problem, it causes some other result.

video card error could cause a "turn off" code. or do it for safety

Report Abuse

|||i would try a different graphics card, just pick one up at best buy or something, see if it still shuts down and if it does just return it. if you already replaced the power supply and its not overheating that would be the only thing i could think of|||because the game has viruses dont play it anymore|||shitsss weak!
  • watch weeds season 7
  • rachel zoe collection
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment