Saturday, March 10, 2012

Suggest a decent gaming laptop...?

I have a job as a security guard and I work the 12 hour shifts. Their internet prevents me from watching things on Hulu, Netflix, and Youtube... which sucks. So I am thinking of buying a laptop that I can play some single player games on to pass the time.



For a while, I was thinking of getting something like the Asus G73, but that is way more than I need and costs quite a lot.



I will probably reinstall some classics like Rollercoaster Tycoon, Fallout 1%26amp;2, Planescape: Torment, Diablo II: Lord of Destruction, System Shock 2 (might not be smart when working the night shift...), Deus Ex, and others... but I also hope to be able to play some more modern games like Bioshock 2, Serious Sam HD, Borderlands, Dragon Age, Amnesia, Starcraft II, Singularity, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., and others.



I don't need to be able to play games like Metro 2033, Crysis, BFBC2, or other cpu/gpu heavy games at high or anywhere close. Just something that will play thos types at medium with at least 30 fps.



I always build my PCs but this would be my first venture into laptops for gaming... so I just want to get a pre-built Sony Vaio, Asus G**, Alienware MX11, or whatever.



So please suggest a great laptop that can play those games at medium-medium/high. No need for bluray, screen resolution above 720p, quad core CPUs, or anything else around those lines... just something to get me through 12 hours shifts at night.



p.s. as for sound and input, I will just use my own 5.1 headset and gaming mouse.|||My dear i was having same problem,i wanted to play decent games but the gaming laptops are all over efficient,then i got a really decent laptop which is HP Envy 14-1110nr 14.5-Inch Relic Laptop PC - Up to 3.45 Hours of Battery Life (Carbon) it is simply decent and upto your needs.



Its specifics are



Intel Core i5-460M Processor (2.53GHz); 4GB DDR3 SDRAM memory (2 x 2GB) (expandable to 8GB); 640GB (7200 RPM) Serial ATA hard drive; Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

14.5 Inch diagonal High-Definition HP BrightView LED Display (1366 x 768), ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 switchable graphics with 1GB dedicated DDR3 memory up to 2714MB total graphics memory

External Ports: 2-in-1 memory card reader; 3 USB 2.0 (3rd port shared with eSATA); 1 HDMI; 1 Headphone-out/Microphone-in combo jack (compatible with 3.5mm 4-conductor jack with stereo audio and mono mic)

Slot-Loading SuperMulti DVD Burner; Beats Ausio; Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN; Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n WLAN %26amp; Bluetooth

Laser-etched aluminum finish in carbon relic; Full-size backlit island-style keyboard; HP Clickpad with On/Off button; HP TrueVision HD Webcam with integrated microphone

Take it from http://www.amazon.com/Envy-14-1110nr-14-鈥?/a>|||The ultimate in gaming laptops are the Dell alienware and XPS laptops. They are a little expensive but they are the bomb in portable gaming! I've got an XPS and it is awesome. I've had it for 4 years now and it still plays recently released games like Starcraft 2.|||Well i have a few so my advice would be an Alienware laptop, or for something cheaper Acer 6930G or Acer 6935G with the 9600M-GT 1 GIG card. NOT GS OR CUBA OR ANY 512 CARDS.



It's the only laptop I know of that runs all games nice and cool with hardly any sound from the fan, all other laptops overheat.



The Acer is discontinued to you will need to search ebay and other places for recons.

The 6835 has 4 GIG DDR3 RAM and blue ray, full HD



I have it and I kick @ss COD4 online, win often.
  • baby boy names 2011
  • pizza
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment