Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Game troubles on Laptop?

I don't really know how this site works but I'm in desperate need of some help.





See, I was looking for a fun game to play after I finished up Dragon Age: Origins/Awakening and didn't like the new style of DA:2, so I bought Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood in hope it too would work on my laptop since I loved playing AS2 on a borrowed Xbox 360 (I'm not an expert on computers and in stores they said it may work since Dragon Age worked without problems on highest resolution). So I installed it and it DID work. At least for a while. I had low resolution on it test if it really worked and I played for roughly 15 min before the computer simply died and when I got it working again, I was told I'd had my first blue-screen. I uninstall-ed it in fear it would literally destroy my computer since I can't afford a new one but I'm DYING to play this game!





So what I was wondering is if it's that the computer overheated and I need some kind of cooling/fan etc. for it, that my laptop simply can't handle the game or some other reason to it? I've searched it through for any virus and so on but there are none.





The laptop is a Packard Bell EasyNoteTJ75 with Windows 7 insatlled, I've had it little over a year now. There's 4GB ram, 640GB HDD and an Intel Core i5 processor 430M. I don't know what is important to know but just google the laptop name and all stats should show on the sites.





REALLY appreciated if someone helped me! Even if it means I can't play it after all.|||Heat is a big problem with laptops when run hard (as with games). If you use the laptop as a laptop (on your lap), there is not enough air to the bottom of it. Also dust might be clogging any air vent or fan in it. Get it cleaned out, put a fan under it (less than $20 from most places) or elevate it on a spacer over a hard surface.|||It won't destroy it. The reason it shuts down is to prevent it from overheating and burning the CPU and the thermal paste off.



Is it getting good ventilation? What does the BSOD say?|||well there are solutions. call the help line and maybe they can help?


or you just need more memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment