Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Is this computer good enough for moderate gaming?

I am planning to buy a dell laptop with the following characteristics :





- Processor: Second generation Intel庐 Core鈩?i7-2630QM (2GHz/6MB cache)


- Memory: 6 GB Dual Channel DDR3


- Video card: NVIDIA庐 GeForce庐 GT 525M (128-bit) 1GB (Quad)


- Hard drive: 640GB SATA (5400RPM)





My question is if I can run games on this computer, at high resolution graphics and without lagging, such as: Dragon age 2, World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, Fable 3, Crysis 2, Call of duty: black ops etc. I am also wondering if this computer is good enough for photo and video editing. Finally, I am not sure how good this video card is at moderate gaming ... Is this video card good enough ? Thanks !|||It should be good, but I can't guarantee it'll run at the highest settings.|||The listed hardware should be more than enough for what you want. Only thing to be careful of is the chipset. I have an older laptop. Dell inspiron 17R with a I5 540M, 4Gb ram and ATI 5470 1GB graphics. Not too shabby and will play Crysis on high. Some games won't load let alone play. Chipset

Report Abuse


|||Yes.








Pretty simple answer.





the i7 processor range are VERY good.


6 GB of ram is MORE than enough for mmoderate gaming (I play 4, on high settings on pretty much anything, and my friend, who has an Alienware, and games a LOT, only has 4 too, but your choice does increase it's life before needing an upgrade)


Video card, fine


Hard drive, unless you're going to be torrenting large files all day every day, that'll be MORE than enough memory :P|||You have better specs, do the following





%26gt; add some reliable antivirus program on your computer.





%26gt; fix up registry related issues using secure program such as reginout.





%26gt; keep your hard disk and browser well maintained.








Thank you....|||I would research about it first. They have website that give you specs on with one is better and which are the same on video cards

No comments:

Post a Comment